Saturday, October 28, 2006

I want to be a part of it!

My my, another week has come and gone. Seems like I'm always typing in this little box, straining my weak old eyes and feeling the carpal tunnel snake its way through my wrists.

But none of that matters now, you know, because I am going to New York City, ladies and gentlemen. I've never been, but in January I shall be visiting the Big Apple. I am super excited.

But this is the first time I've ever planned my own vacation- before it's always been 1) through a travel agent, 2) through my family (meaning my mom), or 3) unplanned because I was just gonna crash at my friend's pot-smoke filled dormroom in Honolulu and bum around for a week. But this is NEW YORK EFFING CITY! One must have lots of plans thought out well in advance.

Travelocity.com seemed to offer a pretty good deal- with 4 people going, the trip would be about $395 per person, including roundtrip airfare and 5 nights' stay in a midtown Manhatten three-star hotel. None of the other travel sites seemed to have as good a deal as Travelocity. I remember you mentioning that the prices slowly increase when you're comparison shopping online- how do you avoid that again?

What else is there to do in NYC? Broadway, if I can afford it- only $100 a show! I'm partial to Chicago:




Also, Rockefeller Center, Times Square, Metropolitan Museum of Art, Ellis Island (and perhaps find my Irish potato-famine fleeing ancestors?, Statue of Liberty, Greenwich Village...

New York is complicated! Hopefully my good friend the internet will help me distinguish the Upper West Side from Astoria byt the time I get there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home