Sunday, October 01, 2006

Every dog has its day

Whew... cutting it close to the wire here. I just woke up, believe it or not.

Wonderful news made for a wonderful weekend... 1) Friday I found out that I was ACCEPTED TO THE I-SCHOOL, 2) Friday was my birthday party. Needless to say, I don't remember much after Friday. But the point is, I used the internet to find out about/organize both of these joyous events.
I checked on UT's website- they have an interactive online status check under their "prospective students" page. Usually it just says "the graduate school has received all of its materials, and they have been forwarded to the committee for review, blah blah blah." This time, It said (and I quote), "We're pleased to inform you that you've been accepted to The University of Texas at Austin. We recommend that you contact your graduate adviser as soon as possible. It's a pleasure to welcome you as a graduate student."

WHOO-HOO!!!!

Friday was my birthday party, and 80's and 90's themed dance party, which was, at least in my opinion, a rousing success. About 50 of my friends came. I didn't know I even had that many friends. I used facebook.com's event planning organizer, and it worked really well. As well as it can outside of human stupidity anyway, as it specifically listed where the party was being held (not my place), and somehow people still showed up at my place. I was kind enough to redirect them.

Anyway, I will end this happy post with a satirical Simpsons quote:

"Look at me! I'm a graduate student, and I made $500 last year!"
"Bart, don't make fun of graduate students. They just made a terrible life choice."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home